And so the second half of this rather mammoth project gets underway. Starting off with one of the few Alcest tracks I could include without breaking the too heavy rule, a bit of old school goth and a whole bunch of other good stuff as usual, including the Ramones doing a cover of Tom Waits’ “I Don’t Wanna Grow Up”.
One of my highlights on this mix is track 8, now I’m not a massive fan of PiL, I own none of their stuff but this track I find utterly captivating. I remember first hearing it over the closing credits of the 1990 indie post apocalyptic movie Hardware (which was also where I first heard Ministry’s “Stigmata” fact fans!) and when I finally discovered it was PiL and downloaded it a couple of years ago I played it about 5 or 6 times in a row, I just couldn’t get enough!
The mix finishes off going from the mournful strains of the late Jason Molina to the epic dark rave by Prurient. As always, listen via the widget below.
1. Alcest – Autre Temps
2. The Sisters of Mercy – Lucretia My Reflection
3. The Afghan Whigs – Algiers
4. Post War Glamour Girls – Service Station Blues
5. Kent – Du Är Ånga
6. The Besnard Lakes – Catalina
7. Ramones – I Don’t Wanna Grow Up
8. Public Image Ltd. – The Order of Death
9. Inventions – Luminous Insects
10. Portishead – The Rip
11. Ben Frost – Secant
12. Blonde Redhead – Dr. Strangluv
13. Radiohead – The Daily Mail
14. John Grant – Chicken Bones
15. Jason Molina – Let Me Go Let Me Go Let Me Go
16. Prurient – You Show Great Spirit